Welcome to Contour Sanctuary UK
Laser/IPL Pre Procedure Advice
Laser/IPL procedures will normally require multiple treatment sessions. For the best results, clients may be required to return for a course of treatments, usually between 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure.
Advice for all IPL procedures:
- Aspirin, Alcohol, Coumadin and Ibuprofen must be avoided for at least 48 hours prior to treatment
- Since delicate sensitive areas or skin may be red or swollen, it is advised not to make any social plans for the same day
- Please do not discontinue any medication before consulting with your doctor
- The treatment will only go ahead with the outcome of a negative patch test
- Please wear your normal make-up to the salon on the day of procedure unless undergoing treatment on the face
- Please note that we do not permit any family or friends in the treatment room with you
Upper/lower lip and chin
- If you have a history of cold sores (herpes simplex), then we advise you to apply a topical treatment such as Zovirax, which can be purchased from any Chemist. Please apply for 7 days before and 7 days after treatment, as this can help minimise an outbreak.
- IPL procedures do not cause cold sores, however, if you carry the virus in your body, which lies dormant in your body, this can be stimulated by the procedure
- Any eyebrow waxing should be carried out at least 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Electrolysis/Epilation should be carried out at least 5 days before treatment